View Single Post
Old 02-21-2018, 06:57 PM   #3
Pinchecharlie

Re: advice on suspension improvements

Thanks for the reply! Well after reading the thread "make it handle" I have some better ideas. Long and more than enough for an intro to suspension engineering. Won't lie a lot of it was lost on me but some of the more specific things I wrote down.
So I have my alignment paper that I'll try to post and some pics of the rear end set up. I lied and it is early classics stuff so maybe not the best and I would be willing to upgrade to no limit panhard and shocks. I am sure I could sell this to a youngster who just wanted cheap. I have NO sway bars installed now. I have a late Chevy 1/2 ton for the front and I bought a cheap unit from pol for the back. But...after reading I think they are less than desirable in the make it handle world. So...I will take all recommendations on those front and rear. I will re buy springs and shocks too as I made the truck too low in front and added a big block in back to try and salvage the stance but I missed and I missed on tire and wheel too! So...as we say in the boxing gym, "when you fail to plan...You plan to fail!" That's why I am punchy too .
Always thought my face was a good place to block punches! Anyway the wheels are 16 and tires are 135/70 front and 145/70 rear. I won't lie I struggled with it and ended up listening to a grumpy old guy at the tire shop. Now I know what others are doing I may rethink it but I dunno. So raise the front with a spring (2 under or 1?) 3 under now.thebig block spring with coil cut would be about right or call around I guess? New shocks and mount sway bar from no limit, call it Good? Use different block in back to even out the truck, maybe use no limit pan hard and shock mounts? Re think spring? It's a mystery spring that I got with the truck so no specs. Maybe flip the trailing arm mount just cuz I love beating on rivets? Shocks and I dunno? So...what a ya think. I mean I can putt around but my wife likes to drive it and it should be safe and sound for her lead foot. Oh I have tank in cab and battery in engine bay so I'll move those to while the beds off and the tanks a safety upgrade.
Attached Images

Pinchecharlie is offline   Reply With Quote