View Single Post
Old 08-11-2015, 11:42 PM   #170
HUSTLESTUFF

Re: 700R4 build thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by clinebarger View Post
You will at least need a new stock Sun Shell, Amazon.com: ACDelco 24228345 GM Original Equipment Automatic Transmission Reaction Sun Gear Shell: Automotive

Just got done Beta testing the new Alto Hi-Energy Graphite (HEG) Frictions with great success! I have been meaning to update this thread regarding this but forgot.

There is an outfit on Ebay selling complete (I Mean Complete!) rebuild kits with all HEG frictions, Includes a 3-4 "Powerpak" (Able to run 9 3-4's), All bushings, Thrust washers, Red Eagle band, Filter, Seals, & Steels for $173 shipped! http://www.ebay.com/itm/TH700R4-Rebu...3D360673914328

I have bought over 20 of this exact kit from them, 100% happy with the kit. Running a 4L60E version in my Camaro.
Thanks for the advise. I ordered the kit along with the sunshell. I also added molded pistons and the transgo 700 JR. I think that should be enough for now. Any more and the $ benefits to me of the overdrive would start to go out the window beyond this. I will start the rebuild this weekend and make a new post. I still have to figure out all the other things needed like TV cable and what not. Also have question on driveshaft since I need a new carrier bearing and whether or not I should do one piece since I'm staying stock heighth c20. Will build a stand and tools as pictured. Thanks so far and I'm sure I'll have some questions but this tech article is amazing!!! Mike
HUSTLESTUFF is offline   Reply With Quote