View Single Post
Old 11-18-2017, 07:58 PM   #57
truckeez

Re: Blazer 1\2 top molds

Quote:
Originally Posted by skorpioskorpio View Post
The rear window is uncut as it came out of the mold. It's one of the mods I plan to do however, I plan to build up an edge so I can do a surface mount rear glass. Lexan is actually a pretty terrible material to use on a vehicle you actually drive, zero scratch resistance and will cloud over pretty quickly. I had Lexan vent windows in my Suburban and they became so cloudy you couldn't see through them in about a year. It is a whole lot lighter than glass though.

I'm also planning on running a conduit for a dome light and maybe a cargo light through the top as well as putting in rivnuts for mounting a headliner to make it a little more finished inside than the fiberglass. I will probably put some sort of sound dampening in between the skins to quiet it up. Still deciding if I want to use De-Sta-Co type machine clamps for mounting instead of screws.

I'm a buyer not the seller and I'm not going to get into pricing, I bought mine with the idea it very well could be the only one Boneyard produced and bought it with the knowledge that it was an unperfected process. I will say that Boneyard is having a fiberglass shop make these and is not hacking them together in his driveway. So if you are thinking you can pick one up for Chinese import prices you are dreaming, though I felt I got a very reasonable deal on a custom US made part from a guy who does it for the love of it. Reading my build thread will probably give some perspective of what I consider reasonable.
I hacked this together in my backyard.

No chopper guns --The "machine from hell" is involved with anything I am doing, neither are alcoholic bums who run chopper guns.
cheap ---odd lot resin with filler material --no way in hell.
Attached Images

truckeez is offline   Reply With Quote