View Single Post
Old 07-17-2010, 02:17 PM   #9
mac72

What A cool forum ,all your swaps look great, each has its own unique taste. Thanks Glock,It's a vintage air setup.It went on perfect .The "truss" that goes across the middle is really nice.I have edelbrocks 2 piece timing cover so between the truss,cover & not having to remove the intake ,cam swaps will be a breeze.It came w/ a really sweet ATI balancer also, 2 drawbacks though, the anodizing on the crank & waterpump pullies is not the same color black it's like hard anodized brown & it seems to be lightening in color from just sitting.I called VA & they sent me new pullies out even without recieving the original ones first but the new set is doing the same thing.I have to get some other parts ano'd so I'm just gonna send them w/ that batch.
Mac

it was a complete kit incl. the compressor.It went on really nice just a couple of problems w/ it.If you look close the anodizing on the wtr. pump& crank pulleys changed color I've sent them back once & they sent me out a new set even before they got the old set back.Great service but the new set has faded too.I have to send some other stuff to get anod. so I figured I would throw them in w/ the rest of the stuff.
The other problem is "& this is a little knit picky" The idler pulley is plastic & the screw for the idler cover is to short it only engages a couple of threads.Both problems are easily correctable but for what this stuff costs I expect it to wipe my behind too!All in all its the best deal going for this type of kit. just my 2

Last edited by usmcchevy; 06-21-2011 at 09:58 AM.
mac72 is offline   Reply With Quote