View Single Post
Old 01-28-2018, 03:57 PM   #9
daveshilling

Re: Looking for a Mentor in Sac/Roseville CA area

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptc View Post
Hi Dave, we have quite a few guys in the SAC area but many of them are pretty busy with all kinds of things going on. We try to meet up every once in a while to trade stories and such about our trucks. That might be a good start to get to meet a few of the guys around you.

I can tell you its not easy finding help these days to do anything even if paid very well. I tried getting body people to come to me because I had a huge shop to work in and ample space, but just didn't happen. It seems everyone wants their own space and time to work in and when you do "projects" its not on a time line that anybody wants to perform to.

I keep hearing that "theres no money in hot-rodding" from shop owners from body to upholstery to mechanical stuff, but I see so many people hot rodding there has to be a market for it! - maybe they all just think we are cheapskates! I dont know really but like anybody else , I admit Im a shopper for the best deal and am willing to pay the price when needed. It all just depends on how bad you want it I guess.

So Keep an eye out here for the SAC AREA MEETING PIZZA NIGHT and come on out and meet everybody that shows up.... Will probably do another one here real soon before the weather changes so people can bring their trucks out one more time before the rains start!

Welcome to the insanity!

Thanks for the invite! I'll keep an eye out for sure.
daveshilling is offline   Reply With Quote