View Single Post
Old 10-28-2011, 12:56 PM   #130
CC69Rat

Re: 1969 C10 SWB Stepside - Big Block project

Yeah - the anticipation is killing me too. What's worse is Keith (n2billet) will see them before I do! There's too many trucks in his shop .. I just hope they make it out of there at some point.

Dad and I have worked quite a bit on my fenders and hood. I have searched the US over to find good GM metal .. so I'm hoping it comes out ok. The fenders seem really solid and we've managed to work 99.9% of the flaws out. The goal being zero bondo / filler anywhere in it. I feel like it will need small spots of glaze but nothing significant anywhere to speak of. I used the 'marker' technique on most of it. Came out really, really neat man. It's an easy way to block bare metal fenders without getting any sort of build on them. The marker just serves as a guide coat giving you dark spots and metal .. just like you're blocking primer. I want to bring the metal up completely flat then glaze if needed, Epoxy, PPG K38 for the first build pass to reduce shrinkage, K36 for the 320/400/500 stages and by that time it should be pretty slick.

Hugger Orange is still haunting me guys .. We'll see. Next would be Blue, Red, Black, White or Silver. I'm so confused. It's slick enough to go black but my bodwork skills are probably not up to it. I hear it's bad to try black on your first ever paint job.

1967 C10 SWB - Project Savannah - 6.0/4L80 *Currently underway*
1968 C10 SWB - TOTY 2018, 50th Anniversary Tribute Project * Sold * Pride and Joy
1986 Silverado Short Fleet - Scarlet *Sold*
1985 Silverado Short Fleet *Sold*
2022 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
2001 Jeep Cherokee XJ 4x4 - Lifted, Built
1992 Jeep Cherokee XJ 4x4 - Lifted
2013 Honda Accord EX-L v6 Coupe 6spd (wife's ride)
CC69Rat is offline   Reply With Quote