View Single Post
Old 12-11-2017, 11:37 AM   #1
Austinjay

Field Find 1972 Blazer CST Cheyenne

So I have been working on getting this blazer for almost 2 years now. At first the PO didn't want to sell it. He had plans of turning it into his "hunting rig". I cringed when I heard that, most hunting rigs live a hard life and end up crunched and smashed. Well it sat for another year and I recently decided to get a hold of him and give him another offer. This time he was ready to sell ( and sell it cheap!)and I couldn't get the cash out of the bank fast enough. He bought this blazer back in 1983 and told me he was the coolest guy in school when he drove it. It was born as a medium blue CST Cheyenne ac cab with a single wall top. I think he was just like any other high school kid with a capable 4x4, he took it in the mud a lot. He said he had it painted and rust repair done in 1988 but the persistent rust has come back. Everything looks solid except behind the doors and the rockers. I pulled up the carpet and surprisingly the floors are solid and no rust holes. The engine has not been run in 15 years, but he claims it had a new engine installed 30k miles ago. We all know how that goes......I will be pulling the plugs and squirting some marvel mystery oil down the cylinders.

Plans are undecided right now. Most likely I will do some routine maintenance and get this thing back on the road and enjoy it for a while.
Attached Images

'72 Blazer CST 4x4
'70 Blazer 4X4
Austinjay is online now   Reply With Quote