View Single Post
Old 09-10-2008, 09:30 PM   #115
brossow
Amateur Rust Fighter

Re: Brent's '72 Custom/10 SWB stepside build

Last night I got Ol' Blue back on its (back) feet for the first time in a year. Haven't tightened up the U-bolts except finger-tight, but it sure felt good to have the jack stands and makeshift dolly removed. There's a LONG way yet to go, but it's progress!

On the down side, I discovered last night that the e-brake cables I got from LMC truck (and yes, I got the right part number) are far too short. Thought maybe I had installed the brackets backward, but that's not the case. Didn't get a chance to call them today but I'm not optimistic about being able to return them -- I tossed the packaging long ago and they were originally purchased in August 2007, way beyond their 180-day return period. I'll call anyway, but I could be out quite a bit of money that I really can't spare at the moment. Whatever the case, I'll be placing an order with Inline Tube when funds allow.

Tonight I finally started seriously hacking up the old cab so I can fit it in the trailer to go to the scrap yard. I did save the roof in case anyone is interested in it (it's darn near perfect with only a couple spots of surface rust and ZERO rot) but it too will be on the trailer when the time comes, hopefully this weekend. If you need a perfect roof, let me know ASAP.

Next order of business is blasting and painting the cab mount brackets I purchased off this board recently. Two of mine were really good as I recall and are already ready for paint, so I'll probably just need to do two -- an easy evening's work even with daylight rapidly decreasing.
Attached Images

'72 Chevy SWB stepside - [ Build Thread ]
'79 ChevMC SWB fleetside - [ Build Thread ]
'64 Chevy SWB fleetside & '66 Chevy SWB stepside (waiting in the wings...)
brossow is offline   Reply With Quote