View Single Post
Old 02-22-2017, 10:18 AM   #51
Grumpy old man

Re: Haggerty Insurance turned me down

You get what you pay for as far as any type of insurance . Whatever you "claim" garaged , miles per year , # of drivers , etc your going to have to prove in the event of a true claim for damages . Insurance companies aren't in the business of giving away money if they can avoid it . they will try to avoid paying any excessive claims . all that being said just buy twice the coverage you need and smile as your going down the road knowing your covered for whatever may come down the road ... Price shopping insurance will just lead you to "problem companies " who would rather use that in house attorney to deny your claim rather than pay you and they can wait as long as they like .

I've never heard of an applicant being denied a policy based on claimed HP ?

I use State Farm and they work great for us from the homes and cars/trucks right down to the 4x4 diesel tractors . If your able to put $40,000 + into your truck you should be able to have it insured for any amount that suits your needs in less than 30 minutes all it takes is writing the check . Remember when your walking into your insurance "store" your talking to an insurance "salesperson " it's going to cost you money and it's their job to get as much from you as they can .
Grumpy old man is offline   Reply With Quote