View Single Post
Old 02-11-2018, 12:37 PM   #353
Oldironracing

Re: Brent's '72 Custom/10 SWB stepside build

Quote:
Originally Posted by brossow View Post
Ding ding ding! We have a winner! Yeah, I figured that out the hard way, but it's nothing even more money and another week of waiting for parts to arrive won't fix. Aaarggghhh!

In the meantime, I finished up everything I could, which is everything except the fitting at the tank. My only question is about how I routed the line up to the rail and whether anyone thinks it'll be a problem. It's well away from the exhaust and I couldn't come up with a better way to route it without risking interference with something else. I can move it if I absolutely have to, but I hope what I have is okay.

The line is secured every foot or so with stainless cushion clamps. As you can see I used the 12" Dorman double-bead line as-is. Some people have cut it down and put a new flare on one end, but I decided to use my tubing bender and get creative with the routing instead. In retrospect I would have used slightly shallower bends, but it's fine as it is.

Just noticed that the clamp on the right (front) of the fuel pump is slightly crooked. That's gonna bug me until I correct it.

Feedback is appreciated. I don't need my ego stroked but I would like to know ASAP if I did something stupid.
With the fuel pump at the top of the fuel tank in the frame what happens when the tank gets low on fuel. The fuel has to go up hill to get to the pump. They say this pumps will not suck fuel they have too have a gravity feed. It's time for me to do a fuel system and was wondering how this has worked out.