View Single Post
Old 03-10-2013, 11:17 PM   #681
sdailey
The Few, The Proud

Re: Project - '69 4x4 named "Patches"

Quote:
Originally Posted by greg65 View Post
Nice work Shannon. You will be out playing in the mud before you know it.
Posted via Mobile Device
Quote:
Originally Posted by JOJABOY View Post
I'm so jealous! Wanting to switch my 69 C20 over to 4X4......And would so love to be back in Canton. Would settle for Ball Ground. LOL
Quote:
Originally Posted by RatRod68 View Post
2 things...

1) Semper Fi and thanks for your service
2) Great project and of course, that MC attention to detail is outstanding
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenlee View Post
Nice work! The truck is looking good.
Posted via Mobile Device

Thanks for the comments everyone. I appreciate the support.

I've been trying to get back in the groove and work on the truck some more here lately.

I'm running a small cap HEI dizzy which requires an external coil. Due to clearance issues with the firewall I really didn't want to mount the coil to the engine or anywhere else in the engine bay for that matter. So after some brainstorming I came up with the idea to mount the coil inside the cab.

I found a hose clamp that would hold the coil and plug welded it to a piece of flat bar.

I found what I thought was the best place inside the cab to mount the bracket and then welded 2 bolts to the firewall. I'm not installing a radio in the factory location so the coil should have plenty of clearance.

The end result. It's kind of an optical illusion, but the top of the coil clears the firewall and the coil wire will go on with no clearance issues. Sorry for the fuzzy pictures.

I plan on running the coil wire through the firewall using the hole where the washer hoses go. I'm rerouting the washer & pump hoses so that hole works out well.

Next, I tackled mounting the hydraulic master cylinder for the clutch. I planned early on in my build to eliminate the factory mechanical linkage. After some research and reading other builds I settled on Wilwood's 3/4" bore master cylinder.

Started out by marking a template on the firewall and drilled some holes.

Next, I had to connect the master cylinder rod to the clutch pedal arm. I ended up using a 5/16 threaded yoke, a coupling nut and some 5/16" solid round rod.

I threaded both ends of the rod and then mocked up the assembly.

After I got everything lined up I marked and drilled a hole in the clutch pedal arm and installed a roll pin.

Final shot before I took it all apart again.