View Single Post
Old 10-09-2017, 02:28 AM   #15
mike16

Re: Question for the purists

Quote:
Originally Posted by special-K View Post
Nothing pure about adding what wasn't there. Do what you want to your own truck but be honest about what it is if selling. To some, it's a plus to have all the bells and whistles even if they aren't original. But a purist will want it as built. I don't think it's a purest thing, it's a true collector thing. A truck that actually came with all the goodies, or a unique combination of, is a stand out truck compared to one that had it added. I think there are fewer who would be honest about the changes than those with the level of integrity to disclose. We see it all the time on Ebay.
X's 2.

Its your truck so do what you will but be honest.

If those additional options are available from another truck then that would be the truck to restore or maintain origonal.

the SPID does not tell the whole story but there is a line that , when you cross it, everything changes.

heres another conundrum... My 68K20 has 13K miles on it. It came with those california mirrors, I dont like them so I took them off. They were not on the SPID. so have I harmed the value? Am I dishonest.. It has aftermarket AC and dual tanks so its not origonal but everything was installed when it was new. who and when was a line crossed?
mike16 is offline   Reply With Quote