View Single Post
Old 01-09-2017, 11:06 PM   #45
joedoh

Re: 1941 project fenix

haha yeah thats the way it is with 50 and newer here too. even though it is a VIN inspection it almost has to run and drive, the inspector wont inspect anything on a trailer, and if it doesnt have a motor they will push for a non-highway registration so that you have to bring it back again when it does run. I mean, I get it, theft is rampant but the laws are written to make it hard for a thief to buy a late model wrecked car and steal the same car and switch VINs, they werent written to give a car enthusiast a hard time, but that sure is the way it can seem.

The bushings came, I guess they were on the truck friday and the delivery guy thought whatever was in there was broken because of all the clinking and thumping. nope, just the bubble pack came open.

here is the part number, for anyone interested, its 6 bushings so I will be able to mount the core support as well.

got the front mounts in, need a little trim on one side

loooove my plasma cutter. love it. from design to cut in about 10 minutes.

cleaned up and tacked. I like my little switch mags too, handy here.

I need to clean the old body mount bracket off the outside of the frame though before welding these on, thinking of jacking the cab up to cut them off since I cant finagle these brackets up on top of the frame without doing that anyway. Then I will pull the cab and start the frame cleanup.

if there is a problem, I can have it.

new project WAYNE http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=844393
joedoh is offline   Reply With Quote