View Single Post
Old 06-22-2018, 09:06 AM   #6
Jrainman

Re: Advice on this gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jcfcamaro View Post
First off I want to say that I'm not a professional and I'm probably just like you who would like to start painting your own projects. I'm doing a 72 k10 with all the rust repair and body filler needs. I've posted questions here and got great advice and also did alot of research online and YouTube. I did spray some epoxy primer from SPI a couple of weeks ago with great results through a cheap Harbor freight gun ,but from what I've read and talked to others guys is that the gun will work great multiple times then start messing up. So I decided to buy another gun for primer incase this happens while painting and it came today . It's a devilbiss flg4 678 with the 1.8 and 2.2 tips which is actually the same as the flg4 670 but with different tips and you can also interchange them also. I have the flg4 670 to spray my base and clear but haven't got that far yet to try it. If I was you get on YouTube and type in The Gunman as he has done several videos on the flg and also lots of other guns that he has reviewed also. You'll see for a weekend warrior it's a pretty good gun and can do alot of different things. But also remember everyone has a different opinion about the same product. I think you'll be fine with this gun .

You are spot on with your reply here , I purchased the same gun as he is looking at , I also shot my Cab with SPI epoxy with this gun with great
results , then shot the inside of the cab with base and started to have issues with the gun laying clear . I had to switch guns at that point , I called Devilbliss and they sent me out a rebuild kit (for free ) after doing the rebuild at some point I tryed to use the gun again to shoot some rims and the problem came back as I was shooting the rims ,again leaving me to switch guns , They have excellent customer service ,but I have not yet been able to complete one project with this gun. on the other hand the Iwatta I have has never let me down in any stage of painting although it was expensive to set up to clear coat and spay diffrent base paints .
Jrainman is offline   Reply With Quote