View Single Post
Old 06-30-2018, 08:28 AM   #19
scott123

Re: Advice on this gun

I watched one youtube video that said they were complete garbage.

The very next video said the primer gun with the larger tip worked great for epoxies and heavier primers (fillers/high build). The gun for base/clear not so much.

And then the next video shows a DIY guy build a homemade booth in his garage, use this set up for both primers and paint/clears and the car turned out exceptional.

Like most tools it is the guy turning the wrench (spray gun) as much as it is the tool itself (in a lot of cases)

I just sprayed the inside of my top recently. I used a $10 Harbor Freight gun with a 2.0 tip to spray the epoxy. I had one hiccup as I left a little bit of the 'goo' they treat the inner parts of the gun with to stop up the tip. A quick mid-spray cleaning and the gun really did a good job with the epoxy. I have another 'bo-bo' internet gun ($40-50) that I shot the paint with and I think it turned out incredible. (Granted the texture on the top is really, really forgiving, but it looks great still the same)

With all that babbling, let us know what you think about your guns. I'm still in the market for a new gun. And my trucks are daily drivers, hunters, fishers, trailer pullers, and weekend cruisers so I can't see $5-6-800 for a spray gun. One the cost but two, my skill set would not know the difference.

Scott
scott123 is offline   Reply With Quote