View Single Post
Old 03-23-2017, 08:34 AM   #1
MARKDTN

2007 Tahoe Adding Console Wiring

I have a 2007 Tahoe LS. I bought a center console and replaced my jump seat. I know I can't hook up the radio or amp or HVAC controls but I would like to hook up the power ports. I have searched the Factory Service Manuals and the plug is not shown that I can find. I see the red-wht wire and the black ground in the diagram for the power port wiring, but not detail on the plug. The (LTZ) console I bought has a cut off harness so I have the mating plug and some wire. I think I just use the large red-wht and black wires in the top row of the plug. But where does it hook to? Is there a mating harness already in the truck under the dash or something? Is there a pigtail that can be bought to get to a fuse box somewhere? I would think this would be similar to adding a console to a Silverado/Sierra without extended cab. There is a lot of info on the internet about adding amps and audio, but I can't find anything on this. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Maybe I just take out the existing console harness and use a 15839787? But with that, where do I get power/ground from?
'07 Tahoe(Son driving)
'14 Suburban-DD
'71 C10-current project

Last edited by MARKDTN; 03-23-2017 at 08:44 AM.
MARKDTN is offline   Reply With Quote