Thread: 55.2-59 56 3100 4X4 build
View Single Post
Old 12-29-2018, 08:02 PM   #5
Old57

Re: 56 3100 4X4 build

That looks like a nice start. If it's a real NAPCO, you could sell the original NAPCO conversion parts. They're worth good money, but it's not practical to keep them for a daily driver, plus the parts are rare and hard to come by if you break anything. If you decide to put it on a 73-87 frame, and don't use lifted springs, it'll sit about like it does now. If you want modern axles with disc brakes and better gearing, you could put the 73-87 axles under it using the frame and springs that you have now. The CPP power steering might work to do that. Also, a Jeep power steering box mounts inside the frame, so you'd have better turning clearance with the stock straight frame rails. I changed mine to the 73 K20 chassis (3/4 ton), with a big block and heavy duty drive train. I wanted the thicker/stronger chassis for what I will be doing with my truck, like pulling trailers, hauling things, a little 4-wheeling, etc. If you have any questions about the 73-87 swap, I can answer those for you. My thread has a lot of pictures too.