View Single Post
Old 04-26-2015, 05:49 PM   #32
joel.e

Re: 72 GMC Longbed Duramax Swap

1. When you guys moved the gas tank out of the cab, What kind of fuel cell did you guys get? Did you guys just get one from LMC and call it good?

I used the Boyd's Welding tank and added a "draw straw"

2. Those of you that have done Duramax Swaps, what did you guys do for Fuel pumps? Since i'm not using a tank/pump set up from the Parts truck, what did you guys do about your pump? also, do you guys know what kind of fuel pressure i would need? (forgive me if these are a couple ignorant questions. i figured i would start here and then move on if none of you guys had an answer off the top of your heads)

You don't need a fuel pump. The CP3 will pull the fuel from the tank. You will need one if you turn it up but the stock truck doesn't have one.

3. I can get the steering column from the parts truck, but i hate the look of a new style steering column and wheel in an old cab. Ideas? i recognize that it's my project, and it feels lazy to ask! but, of you guys that already did a Duramax swap, what's somethign that you did, that if you were doing it again, you WOULDNT do?

Why not use the stock column?? Is something in the way?