View Single Post
Old 04-16-2016, 08:01 PM   #16
gokellurself

Re: Kell's Two Cents - 1946 build

I'm using a TBI 350 that's going to be carbureted, and turns out one of the draw backs of doing this is that there is no spot on the block for the mechanical fuel pump. Also, being carbureted apparently most electric fuel pumps have too high of a psi and you need a regulator. After some research I found a Carter fuel pump that puts out only 4-8 PSI, and word on the street is thats about where I want to be using a carb. This sound right? It's the Carter P4070

Biggest complaint in the reviews of this fuel pump is how loud it is. I ordered it with the extra bushings that go in between it and the frame rail that's supposed to help this, but I'm not too worried

Up and over the axle... Directions say not to mount pump above 24" of the gas tank so I figured I'd be ok going up slightly.

Along the frame rail

Up and in (short one hose clamp)

Let me know if you see something I'm messing up on. First timer over here lol

Read the instructions carefully, measure twice and go on ahead cutting your fuel sending unit wayyyy down and install

That's about it guys, looking to bend up some brake lines pretty soon here. Thanks for checking it out

Last edited by gokellurself; 07-30-2017 at 11:28 PM.
gokellurself is offline   Reply With Quote