View Single Post
Old 04-06-2017, 08:48 PM   #15
Chevycruisin88

Re: Whats the lowest I can drop a 1979 long bed Chevy with still good clearance?

Quote:
Originally Posted by N2TRUX View Post
Cody the first thing we need to know is do you plan to keep the 3/4 ton suspension? You can lower a C20 but its not the same as a C10. Regarding wheel size it really has no impact on how much sidewall you will have.

I do understand what a blow through system is, but that's an antiquated concept that is not really necessary unless you planning on building a massive competition system. The amount of bass available from contemporary low profile subs and amps will rattle your eyeballs. I have no idea what your asking about the camper top.

The picture you posted shows a truck with whats referred to as a "shaved" tailagate. The recess has been covered with sheet metal welded on. The handles can be relocated inside the bed with a kit.
Bad ass truck you got there in your profile pic by the way N2trux!! Thats pretty damn close to what Im going to be shooting for? Whats size rims do you have? 16"s in the front and 17"s in the rear? and you also have air ride suspension dont you? What did that run you cost wise?
Chevycruisin88 is offline   Reply With Quote