View Single Post
Old 01-20-2015, 02:25 PM   #93
Justin G

Re: 1972 K5 4x4 modified build

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67Steven View Post
I would run the B52 and shackle flip. You get a better option to move the front axle forward, which helps the shackle angle. I ran a 4" lift spring front and rear, but really could have used a 6" rear and 5" front to level it.

Plan on running zero rate blocks to get your axle centered, especially the rear. I have mine moved 1.25" back. The Blazer rides very nice, but it's not a corner carver!
So you ran the 4" lift springs, rear shackle flip, and zero rate giving you about 9" of lift in the rear? Did you just used a degree shim on the front? I'm guessing with the B-52 and 4" lift springs you've got about 8" of lift on the front?

I'm going to run H2 wheels......since they are only 8.5" wide........I think I'm going to stick with 37" tires. I'll buy either the BFG Mud-Terrain KM2's in 37x12.50r17's or Toyo Open Country MT in 37x13.50r17's.

If I run the B-52, and rear shackle flip like you suggested....what would you recommend on springs to level the truck and clear 37's?

Sorry for all the questions.......but I appreciate any advice you've got. If my Blazer turns out half as good as yours I'll be a happy man!
Justin G is offline   Reply With Quote