View Single Post
Old 06-05-2010, 07:48 PM   #124
1956cameo

Re: Left for dead: 72 2wd blazer build

I didn't take any pictures to show on here but I also spent an entire day grinding down welds. It is not a glamerous step of the restoration process but it needed to be done. I also spent a day sanding down my front fenders down to bare metal and coated them with base primer.

Before I finished out the drivers side rocker box replacement I wanted to address the pitted and rusted toe board (Drivers Side).

I know everyone has seen the body shell of the green 72' donor suburban that has been helping this project out. This is a picture of a white 72' suburban shell that has given up some of its parts for the cause as well.

The donor toe board that was removed from the white parts suburban body.

A view of the removed rotten toe board in the 72' blazer.

It isn't welded in yet but this is a shot of the donor panel set into the 72' blazer.

I know it is not alot of work for over two months of time, but the time I have been able to spend with my wife and two boys over the last couple of months has been priceless. I am going out to my dad's tomorrow to work on the blazer some more, and I am bringing alot of parts home to work on at my house to help keep progress going. I will update again as soon as I have more progress to show.

'72 blazer 2wd build

67-72 Factory Big Block Registry
1956cameo is offline   Reply With Quote