Thread: Easy Green
View Single Post
Old 12-31-2014, 06:09 PM   #28
Ridnhi

Re: Easy Green

Here is a better picture of the radio area. I think after starring at it for awhile I have worked up the courage to use entire repair panel. I think there will less welding and an overall smoother finish. I didn't realize how easy it was going to be to take out the AC vent. and with no brackets should be easy enough.

one of the POs left the original rubber floor mat under carpet and after removing that I found a paper like material glued to the floor. Is this factory or did someone come in later and put that in? I scrapped off all of the loose paper and I guess I will leave the rest. I found what looks to be some factory markings on the passenger side under seat. I guess the glue for the paper didn't stick to makings. Cool!

I am overall very happy with what I found under everything. The only serious rust I found was in the lower passenger side kick panel and a small spot under where the door sill plates would sit. everything on the floor is surface and will clean up nicely. Ill take out the rear carpet soon so hopefully no surprises there.

This blazer has an auxiliary gas tank that sits right under the rear seat under the floor. I am thinking about taking it out and changing everything back to factory. It has everything from the tank to hoses to valve to filler neck and a switch so fuel gauge will read it while in use. I'm not sure of brand and its not a saddle tank so not sure if anyone would want it. I personally like it better because it doesn't take up any interior space. Not sure of number of gallons it will hold either. Someone let me know if there is a market for it. I will take some pictures.
Attached Images