Thread: Restoring Rusty
View Single Post
Old 05-11-2017, 09:18 PM   #5240
Gregski
Post Whore

Re: Restoring Rusty

sometimes the easiest of jobs turn difficult...

so the headlight knob came off the puller rod thingie about 2 years ago, right about when I got the truck

about a year ago I found a replacement knob / rod thingie at the junkyard and spent two hours pulling it, yes I know there is a tiny button you push under the aperatus to simply pull it out (IN THEORY THAT IS) but try that on a junked 40 year old car in 102* F heat and well you get the idea

I tried to replace it but I could never get my rod out of my unit, no matter how hard I tried

well a year later I got re motivated and today I yanked the old rod out, had to take the whole headlight switch unit out of the dash, and sit in my thinking chair and fandangle with it for about an hour but finally it somehow slid out

so I install the switch back in the truck, oh had to remove the gauge bezel first to get to that silly screw on nut, anyway get the gauge bezel back on get the switch pluged back in, go to slide the new rod in and what the hewk? the new rod is too short, are you kidding me

so, well, I didn't become a Certified JB Welder for nothin' so I decided to JB weld my old headlight knob back on, but figured I would share this little escapade
Attached Images

Gregski is offline   Reply With Quote