View Single Post
Old 10-24-2018, 02:18 PM   #4
birch motor cars

Cool 1964 Chevy C10 (Old School build No Bolt On’s)

This is a build that I decided to do using no bolt on store bought suspension parts. It’s pretty much as old school as you can get. Let’s face it 99% of us really can’t afford to build a hi dollar hot rod and with a family and other obligations I’m one of those guys. I started out with a 1964 Chevy C10 big back window shortbed (yes a real shorted). It was found in Phoenix,AZ as a cab sitting on its original frame, then the fleet side bed was found along with fenders and a hood all from different trucks. Needless to say the truck was five different colors. I’ll start from the front suspension, now keep in mind I’ve done all the fabrication and labor myself. I took 2” out of the front crossmember (pancake), when I put the crossmember back in I mounted it 1” forward from where it was to get the wheel Centered in the wheelwell. I cupped the lower control arm pocket, added CCP disc brake set up with a 2” dropped spindle. In doing all of this I had to radious the bottom frame rail for the steering to clear. Also had to relocate the steering box forward and up to compensate for all of these changes. I had to fab up new upper shock mounts that relocated the top mount to the top of the frame rail. Rear suspension crossmember was pancaked at the bottom and relocated it in the truck 1” towards the rear to center the wheel in the wheelwell. It’s been a long road but very rewarding to be able to do all of this myself. In the middle of all that I was doing body work. I just painted it three weeks ago in my garage and it turned out great. I’ll get some pictures posted soon.
birch motor cars is offline   Reply With Quote