View Single Post
Old 06-26-2018, 11:48 AM   #81
theastronaut

Re: '88 F*rd Festiva Autocross/Track/Daily Driver Build

The A/C had leaked down over the winter so I put some dye in and charged it enough to find the leak. The leak was just a o-ring where the hose end bolts to the compressor, simple fix. It's never been converted to r134 so I bought a drier and orfice tube to convert it. I'll pull everything apart to add all new o-rings when I flush the system.

I knew the air wasn't blowing out of the vents as hard as it should have so I thought that the evaporator might be clogged... wasn't expecting it to be as bad as it was though. I stuck my phone up to the recirc intake with the flash on and the pic was pretty ugly so I ended up dropping the evap housing. The perks of buying a used car!

I really don't know how it could ever get that bad, it was filthy! I brushed off as much as possible then backflushed the fins and soaked/scrubbed it with purple power until it was clean again.

I also cleaned out the evaporator box and glued new foam (upside down headliner material) on the recirc/outside air door so it'll seal up like it should.

I've started buffing the paint.

theastronaut is offline   Reply With Quote