View Single Post
Old 08-06-2018, 11:29 AM   #1
1971Stepside
Almost Satisfied

So many questions...are there any answers?

I purchased a LQ4 for my 71. I have the POL engine stands. I purchased adapter plates and found that they don't fit with the low mount a/c. No problem I thought. I'll buy different plates. No such luck. Can't find any that work with low ac mount. So, I think I'll move the ac up and buy brackets to do that. Then I find I have to buy a new compressor and several other small parts.

I had also planned to swap out the truck intake for an LS3 or LS6 intake. What do I need to purchase to do this? I thought it was just the intake, but I am learning it is either a idler pulley relocate and water pump spacer kit. Or, it's both those, plus a new water pump. Or, I could change out the alt ps brackets, but then my ps pump won't work and I would have to buy a Camaro style pump with reservoir tank.

I feel like I'm missing the obvious here. Surely, there are some kits or something to make this all come together much easier.

IF you have thoughts or suggestions please help. Thank you,
1971 C10 Stepside. LSx 6.0 with BTR Stage IV, Speed Engineering Headers, 4L80e transmission w/3200 Circle-D Stall. 3.73. Posi. Purchased this truck when I was 17. I started the rebuild (or take apart) in 1993. I have drug it around all over the country in pieces. Finally back on the road in 2021.

"I can't complain, but sometimes I still do. Life's been good to me so far."
1971Stepside is offline   Reply With Quote