View Single Post
Old 02-24-2016, 06:31 PM   #41
ray_mcavoy

Re: Ammeter not working

Quote:
Originally Posted by 70STOVEBOLT View Post
Output wire is connected to the stock junction block. If that wire was not making a connection at the junction block, would it act that way? I will take a pic when I get home from work of the junction block.
Okay, that's good. I don't think it's a bad connection issue ... otherwise you'd be experiencing charging problems.

One other thing I thought of ... does the needle return to the center of the meter when everything is turned off?

As leftybass209 and I discussed earlier, it's normal for the needle to stay near the center when the alternator is meeting the demands of the electrical system and the battery is nearly or fully charged. The needle will only move toward the charge side when the battery is a little low and is accepting a charge from the alternator. So if (for whatever reason) the needle is bent / offset slightly toward the discharge side, it could look like it's indicating some discharge even when things are operating properly. And if that were the case, you'd also see the needle staying off toward the discharge side (instead of centered) when everything is off.
ray_mcavoy is online now   Reply With Quote