View Single Post
Old 10-11-2009, 09:35 PM   #76
mcbassin
Still Learning

Re: 5.7 TBI in an 86????? Anyone done this swap??

Quote:
Originally Posted by neto View Post
Man I just read this whole thread. What great help from rfmaster and cableguy0. I hope to be doing same swap but onto a 66. Thanks for all the information.
Your right on the money! these guys are the best and they know their stuff too. With all their help.........

We were able to finally drive the truck today. Found a lot of little gremilins to take care of. Had a coolant leak and was low on tranny fluid still. The driver side front tire had a broken valve stem. and the rest of the tires leak a little too. After I felt it was safe to drive I took out on the road with my son. He even drove for his first time. The tranny shifts good and the truck has a lot of power. It has a couple of bad tires that vibrate bad so we never really got it up over about 50. I still need to finish the park neutral swith circuit and the aldl and few minor wiring issues in the cab. I hope to get some video of it running.

Now, I'm wondering if anyone has done a similar swap and used a later model cluster to run the speedo off of a signal from the ecm? I really would like to do this without having to purchase a new gear drive and vss for the tranny.
Hope to get more pics soon.

Mike
mcbassin is offline   Reply With Quote