View Single Post
Old 10-03-2011, 05:19 PM   #16
Chad215

Re: Houston 64 GMC (Big Blue)

Thanks for the replies guys. It looks like I'm going to go ahead and just buy new. I didn't really think about the possiblity of rust inside the sending unit tube that I would never be able to get out.

I keep hearing that a lot of these aftermarket parts are hit or miss, so I figured if I got an original I would be fine, but it looks like it will be more trouble than it is worth to go that route, especially since new ones are not that expensive. On the plus side, got my tank clean, sealed, and back in. I'm running on a fuel can right now, trying to tune the carb, but ran into small setback.

My rad hose had a nick in it, and apparently all it needed was to warm up for it to split. So that was a nice mess...

My transmission doesn't want to go into gear very easily...I shift, about 5-10 seconds, then it goes into gear. Fluid seems a little low, but I haven't had a chance to get it warm to really check the level.

I wish I could find some differnt yards out here besides the pick-your-parts out here. Man, if I had a late model front wheel drive, I would be in heaven there. Anything other than that gets hit pretty quick and hard out in those yards, mainly by guys reselling the parts. It's like a cartoon where a truck gets sat down, you see a swarm of dust and hammers, and all you see after is frame and sheet metal.