View Single Post
Old 05-03-2015, 03:04 PM   #167
yahoos

Re: !964 Biscayne. Birdie Sue.

Wow, its been awhile since ive posted. Since last post he car has seen over 3000 miles. No real issues. Being active duty military I take leave every April.
I took my leave this year so I could finally go to the lone star round up in Austin. It was a success and Austin was fun. Here are some pics of the some fun that went on.

Before I left I decided to finally build the roof rack I had wanted to for awhile

7/16 cold roll

first basic frame

Then decided to do something fun and goofy. Over hangs the rear glass a few inches

I dont have many pics of building the "basket" but here she is

The plan was to rust it, tack a mooneyes badge my buddy cut out to it, use weathered boards and pass it as some old roof rack we came across. Strap our bikes to it to go to austin tx.

Never added the boards and only pic with the bikes up there

Speaking of bikes when i was home I found 1 moto mag to go with the mongoose frame Ive had forever

I quit progress on that when I went to OKC to this old shop Masseys to get some push through bullets for the steelies. He has been opened for ever and I love going up there and buying from him.

He had a supreme on display and he cut me a smoking deal. I had to wait for them to come in so that weekend I got to work on the roof.

Stripped the roof, half way there in this pic. Only pic I have. Giving my oldman some fatherly advice.

In primer

2 tiny quarter size dings we wiped with mud. High build and blocked it. turned out pretty straight.

silver base with a ton of silver flake and a pinch of blue flake. Lots of clear and a good cut and buff.

Pics cant do the roof justice. Looks so good in person. Everybody loves it.

My wheels came in a few days before the show. Whole new look for the car

Gassin up for Austin

Stop for a bite

?Cruising down

Most the pics are on my buddies phones so I will have to get more. I dont even have a pic of them at the show. I will get some from the trip tho. Here are a few more of the car cleaned up.

I will get more pics soon and post again. Happy sunday folks!