View Single Post
Old 01-12-2017, 06:47 PM   #56
BrianG

Re: Lets talk Small Block

Quote:
Originally Posted by cadillac_al View Post
For all we know it probably has a Thumper cam in it. It will always be doggy and hard to tune. The "racing" pistons are probably run of the mill flat tops. It sounds like you already have a sound engine with new heads. I'll bet if you put a good moderate cam in it, it will run like it is supposed to. I actually took some aluminum heads off of my truck (350) because I figured the extra power wasn't being used with the light hauling and slow driving that I do. If you live near mountains and haul big trailers then maybe big power is more important to you. Everybody here likes VooDoo cams or Comp Cams 268. I'm sure any of them will really really wake up your engine. If you're set up for roller lifters then there is another option.
No mountains here, but perhaps some dune hills in the future and all the power you can get is helpful there. Other than that, it is sort of a weekend hot rod fun truck. I thought about the Comp Cams 268 but wasn't sure how that would work with the stock replacement type of heads that I have.
BrianG is offline   Reply With Quote