View Single Post
Old 11-17-2003, 10:43 AM   #4
2wdBlazer
The Blazer King

Quote:
Originally posted by blazer1971
Ask 2wdBlazer about the back area. I rolled a 69 4wd blazer with a double wall top. I was pulling a moving trlr when the trlr came off rolling the blazer. I went flying out the drivers side window that was down and ended up about 50 feet away with a broken back. I landed on my back and I could see my blazer in the air with all four wheels pointing towards the sky and my family still in it. It landed about twenty feet from me in a water filled ditch on all fours. My wife little bruised in the front seat and 2wdBlazer and his brother in the back. We had pillows and blankets in the back not a rear seat. Also in the back was an ice cooler and a metal tool box and a tv. So ask 2wdBlazer about the ride in a roll over.
Top held up and everyone just bruised and battered. Me, just a broken back and over 200 fireant bites, after landing on the nest and could not move. Had to wait for two rescue vehicles, one crew could not carry this limp 6-2 250lb across the water filled ditch. The first crew consisted of a male and female and I don't think they weighed 200 lbs together even with their pockets filled with ditch water. Thus the ant bites.

Yeah, That was a scary ride. I think it may have been a different story if we ended upside down in that ditch. Not sure how that top would have held up with an impact like that.