View Single Post
Old 01-29-2019, 11:44 PM   #11
wilkin250r

Re: Chasing vibration

But wouldn't a driveshaft imbalance, whether it be off-balance itself or yokes out of phase, be a CONSTANT vibration? It might be more pronounced at a certain speed, it might hit a resonant frequency, but it would be constant?

My vibration comes and goes. It's there, and half second later it disappears, and reappears a half second after that. It's there, it's gone, it's there, it's gone. Like I said in my earlier posts, it's got a rhythm to it. A cycle.

Duct tape $1.00 in quarters to your driveshaft, that vibration is going to rattle your dashboard and loosen the fillings in your molars, but it will be constant. It won't come and go, it will always be there until either you stop, or the driveshaft decides to exit your vehicle of it's own accord.

Logic dictates that if my vibration comes and goes, it is changing. Even if it's a rhythmic change, has to be components that are changing with respect to each other. At any given speed, the driveshaft is a constant rotation, exact same speed. How can I get vibration that is changing from a rotation that is constant?