View Single Post
Old 10-11-2018, 09:18 AM   #36
sick472

Re: What do you think?

I'm probably not the norm when it comes to being affected by advertising, but I can make a few suggestions that mean something to me...the rare case.

I like that you list your manufacturers, especially when I recognize the names and they are of superior quality.

I don't need the all the pictures, but one of my truck would certainly get my attention, lol, but you would have to finish it if you wanted a photo anytime soon! Seriously though, a photo of a classic is important and maybe a square body and any other truck styles you support. Truck pics are better than sheet metal pics.

A few comments about the website - It may be a pet peeve of mine, but when it's hard to find/search for parts, I loose my patience and I think I have more than most; patience that is. I do not want to flip from page to page "looking" for the parts. I have built extensive Cart Lists by searching for the buzz words on other sites for other builds. I don't think you can search for parts on your website. A good example is...your Battery Tray is located on the "Patch Panel" page. I may be out of touch, but I would not have guessed that it would have been located there, would not have found it, and had to call or buy from somewhere else. On the other hand, if you make yourself easily available to answer questions over the phone...that helps. I'm ranting...Short story...a search function is a wonderful thing!

I can also say that when I first visited your site (and GMC Paul's - they are similar in set-up) that I was not impressed by the lack of parts compared to places like LMC and Brothers. NOW, after being apart of this community, I have learned that you two (WES and Paul) do not carry everything because so much of it is JUNK. You should make that known with a catchy statement like..."If we don't carry it, It's Junk and you should look for NOS". OK, I'm no jingle writer, but you get the picture.

If you add pictures of the parts on your website, everyone relates to pictures, make sure they represent the parts well. I take it personally when I buy a part that shows up with surface rust and the photo shows it painted black.

I hope you can get more out of my advise than you paid for it and know that I have a lot of parts to buy for my build and you'll get a crack at'em because of your presence here on the forums...thanks for all your free advice WES!

1972 C10
1976 C10 (parts truck)
1985 K20
sick472 is offline   Reply With Quote