View Single Post
Old 08-13-2009, 02:10 AM   #1
stevenk20

8.1L swap into 1967 LWB 4x4

You read correct! i'm going to do it and i want all of you to hound me until i get it done, i will be needing your support. for a long while ive been a member of this site but now i am going to be getting way more involved. i have learned so much from you guys and now i'm putting those skills and knowledge to work...

i have a 1967K20 with SM465, D60,GM14BFF, NP205. with a 454 soon to be replaced with an 03 8.1L chevy motor that i recently purchased for 300 dollars

everything is included: however it is disassembled. the prev owner went through the whole engine because he was going to use it in a hot rod but ended up losing interest and having a Dart Big Block made for him. he spent 6800 dollars on this motor!

Everthing is good (prev owner checked all clearances) i just need to assemble it, figure out how it works and what i need to make it work.

here are some questions i have:
1.i will be using the MEFI-4 conrtoller: do i still need the drive by wire pedal set up? what else do i need computer-wise besides this engine controller? i have all the original ECM and harness, i'm just wondering if i need it. can i use the original harness with this more simple engine controller?

ALSO anyone have an MEFI-4 laying around?

i can't tell you how thankful i am to having all your guy's and/or gals knowledge. thank you very much in advance i'll take pic tomorrow in the daylight of my basket case...
stevenk20 is offline   Reply With Quote