View Single Post
Old 07-13-2017, 05:40 PM   #4
C10Coloradoguy

Re: Rewired 70 C10 heater and running lights on even if ign is not plugged in.

Thanks to all of the contributors on this forum for their documentation and knowledge on this forum. Still getting stumped by this one and here is where I am at with it:

I came down to blowing out the 10 Amp BRK/CTSY fuse every time I pull the switch to turn on the dash lights. So, like anyone would, I searched for this problem and it brought me to this forum on this particular thread:

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=596221

This is an AAW harness similar to mine but not quite the same. However, he seems to be describing the same issue and unfortunately the thread was never solved. Here is a diagram of my fuse box. I've tried to make it abundantly clear which fuse is popping.

Notes: This AAW harness came with 2 orange wires marked "12v fused" but on the diagram it has an orange wire for "courtesy dome feed" but no wire in the bundle is marked as such. Just a 2nd 12 fused. The dome light does work when hooked up to a 12v fused wire but if it shares power with the brake switch or the light switch, it pops the fuse shown above above when pulling the light switch to the dash/running lamp position. My harness comes with two separate wires for both sides of the brake switch. The brakes work fine when wired this way but adding the courtesy dome (which by the way is how all the diagrams I have seen says to wire it) pops the fuse marked BRK/CTSY and the dash lights don't work. I need to take a break on this as it is driving me mad.
C10Coloradoguy is offline   Reply With Quote