View Single Post
Old 04-27-2013, 01:49 AM   #5
SilverMiner

Re: 1980 Suburban pics

No big plans at the moment. I like the current look, and don't want/need bigger tires at the moment and the hassle of doing a suspension upgrade fighting rusty old bolts. I ran 35's on my old 78 Jimmy, but the 32's are perfect for this rig as it only has 3:42 gears. Also, I've always thought 32's looked just right with the factory suspension.

I can foresee the day when I'll get tired of looking at the droopy, sagging butt in the rear but until then I'm going to stick with things the way they are and just drive for a while.

Other improvements include some more interior upgrades such as seat covers but also including some creative storage options after stealing ideas from the Expedition Portal forums.

I'll probably start a thread over in the Detailing area to find out what the best options are for dealing with the original paint. The rig only has 67K miles on it (as confirmed by the Idaho DMV title trail), and the paint is in fantastic shape but I'm still sure there must be clever ways to perk it up.
SilverMiner is offline   Reply With Quote