View Single Post
Old 02-13-2018, 03:52 PM   #11
testerdahl

Re: No crank, power good throughout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jferrante View Post
take a deep breath I have been in this situation more times that I would like to admit in my short years of a home wrencher....
if the engine isn't cranking at all its electrical.If it is but not firing you need to look for fuel/spark.

I think you mentioned no crank so work backwards from the engine. Start with your main ground wires. I am guessing they are on the drivers side frame rail somewhere. Back them out clean and retighten.

Next is starter. I am leaning that you have a faulty starter but make sure all connections are tight and wires aren't exposed. I would run to auto zone and get a new one. Its a quick and easy way to test it - they take returns no problem.

I think your problem lies there - you already did the switch.

Download the wiring diagram here this is my friend Mikes wiring company and the schematic is close to stock:
https://www.americanautowire.com/sho...66-chevy-truck
Good advice. I already put myself in time out. LOL.

I put a new starter on last week since I thought that was the problem as well. I feel like my connection is good since I can touch that wire to the battery and it will crank.

I'll take a look at the wiring diagram. It has to be a ground somewhere right? I just can't imagine it is anything else - new battery, new starter, new switch, etc...
testerdahl is offline   Reply With Quote