View Single Post
Old 03-23-2017, 09:29 AM   #32
Smittee

Re: Slick is getting a full TCI suspension!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68Stepbed View Post
You and me both!! The bed is at the painter right now. After years of having slightly too large tires rubbing, the inner bedside paint was bubbling and looking pretty bad. He's adding some wheel tubs for better tire clearance and touching up the paint. TCI says that an 18x11 with 315/30/18 tires will fit with this suspension, so eventual future plans will include new wheels. Also, there's no engine or fluids in it, right now either.

I'm hoping to have it back up and running in a couple weeks. I'd say the handling is going to be night and day difference judging by the fact the coilovers are much more stiff than the coil springs from before. I weigh close to 300 lbs, and when I stand on the back of the frame, it doesn't move much at all. When i would stand on it before, it would drop about 3/4-1".

Thanks!
Yep, my suspension barely even moves now! Just like what you mentioned. I cannot wait to take it out on the interstate and NOT have to worry about holding it in MY lane! As it was, my old suspension would "allow" me to drift from lane to lane effortlessly!
Smittee is offline   Reply With Quote