Thread: S10 Swap how to
View Single Post
Old 04-04-2018, 10:56 AM   #776
joedoh

Re: S10 Swap how to

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRFitz View Post
Great. Thanks for the photos. So really the only portion of the fire wall worth using is where the brake booster and pedal mount?
the HVAC system does not fit, the blower motor would be outside the hood and if you tried to move it inboard the AC evaporator would hit the engine.

even if you wanted to use more, you have to keep in mind what gigamanx says, that the position of the pedals and steering column is not the same between the two trucks, the s10 firewall will be about 8 inches too far forward, the steering and brakes about 4 inches too far inboard and 10 inches too low. it would be a lot of work sectioning things around just to use that one piece of sheetmetal (the s10 firewall).

I have done what you are asking about on a 65, I cut the firewall and floor out of a 65 C10 and cut everything off an s10 except the firewall and the floor. on that truck I had to move the firewall and floor back about 4 inches, and raise the pedals and steering and move the steering outboard to line up with the dash. I was able to keep the whole S10 HVAC on that truck so it was a positive thing to do overall, but moving the steering was a lot of work. since you cant possibly use the HVAC, its better to just cut out the parts you can use.

if there is a problem, I can have it.

new project WAYNE http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=844393
joedoh is offline   Reply With Quote