View Single Post
Old 04-20-2017, 12:06 AM   #5
siggyfreud

Re: Think I can run this panhard setup "upside down?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captainfab View Post
I think I would shorten the axle tube mount 1/4-1/2". If you move it towards the passenger side a couple inches, could there be an interference with the frame when at ride height?
I'm not going very low, so uncompressed there is about 6.5" between the axle tube and the frame as it sits. It will be parallel with the axle tubing, so it would only ever hit the frame if the suspension moved up ~5.5", as the frame tapers an inch by the end of where the bar would be. I could put in a 1.5" bump stop on the frame to keep that from happening I suppose if I did shift it out 2". Issue is that the bracket is long enough that wherever I put it, unless I shorten it, it would potentially contact the crossmember if the axle tube got within 1" of the frame rails.

Only problem with shortening is that I think I only clear my thick diff housing by .25-.5", so as the diff goes up and the bar rotates, it might contact the diff cover I'm thinking. The first and third picture are a little misleading on the space. From directly overhead there is a lot less room between the bar and the diff cover.

I've also noticed that I have zero room to shift the tank, unless I move one of the crossmembers too. It has about 1/8" space on both sides between the crossmembers.

Flipping it won't help, as I measured and there is slightly less space on the other size.

I might try and mock up what it would look like shifted 2" down. I have two other coilover holes I can set my ride height at if needed, 1 an inch higher, one and inch lower, not counting adjustment of the coilovers themselves.
siggyfreud is offline   Reply With Quote