View Single Post
Old 02-11-2018, 09:41 PM   #3906
s10mk

Re: Post Your Craigslist Finds

Quote:
Originally Posted by jocko View Post
Good question and good answer. The natural assumption is that "south" is good - and, in comparison to "north", it is. But I have to say it also depends what you're looking for. For me, in the never-ending hunt for that elusive K20 Custom Camper with cab lights, I find that the majority of K's are in the pacific northwest, specifically WA and OR. If I want a swb 2WD, there are a lot in socal, and everywhere for that matter, but the K's seem clustered up in the northwest - i.e. where 4WD was needed and used (that is the key to where to look for what you want - figure out where it most likely would have been used). That's the down side, generally speaking, they HAVE been used, a lot. But still, I'd save a lot on shipping if I'd just move there.

Oh, and Sacramento. It's FULL of good stuff. Unbelievable how many nice examples I've found in that one city. Granted, it's a BIG city, but still...
Thanks jocko! That's some pretty solid advice. I'm just looking for a 2wd c10 or c20. Lwb or swb, it doesn't matter to me. All i really want is a nice solid, rust free, original truck. I don't care if its weather beaten and used. I've been searching around pennsylvania for about 6 months, and the Pickens are pretty slim.basically everything I find around here needs floors, rockers, and cab corners.

1972 Chevrolet c20 350/350

1986 Chevrolet Monte Carlo SS/ 6.0 lsx