View Single Post
Old 02-14-2012, 02:05 AM   #267
Captainfab
60-66 Nut

Re: Disc Brake Upgrade Reference Thread

No the front crossmember is not wider. As far as I know the increased width is in the spindle and rotor dimensions.

As for the upper and lower control arms, you can use either. If you use your originals, you will have to change the ball joints. I prefer to use the '73-'87 control arms with the rubber bushings. Yes you will need the mastercylinder and the proportioning valve from the donor. Yes my power steering adapter plate and booster bracket will work on your truck. However, the '73-'87 booster is not compatable with the '73-'87 booster. You will have to use one of the boosters listed in the for sale thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudy350 View Post
so does that means the donor truck front c-member will make my wheel stick out farther out, right??

also wen i do the swap with the donor i use its upper and lower a arms correct. what about my breaking (brake buster,master cyl) will i need the one from the donor? and captain fab will ur master cylinder braket and power sterring braket work on my truck??
Hydroboost Mounting Plates HERE
Captainfab is offline   Reply With Quote