View Single Post
Old 07-11-2013, 03:30 PM   #85
yossarian19

Re: Project: Over My Head

Pics & details coming soon. Things have been getting busy!
I got laid off on Wednesday but it was so darned amicable, the ex-boss gave me a month to move out of the shop. Talked to the fiance, she says "It sucked towing it last time. Think we can get it driving in time? You can borrow my credit card". To her, I said "Wow! I'll try. I think it's doable." To God, I said "Thank you!"
So far, I've gotten the radiator to the shop for re-coring & inlet / outlet replacement so it all matches the LS.
The driveshaft has been totally rebuilt & even painted, then reinstalled. 4L60E yoke, new U-joints, replaced slip yoke on the rear section, new center support bearing. It could maybe have been cheaper going to the junkyard with a tape measure, but when I figure in the time involved, new joints regardless, a new yoke - it seemed worth it to let the pro do the job.
Brakes are fully hooked up & master is bled. Waiting on an assistant to bleed the rest.
PS return lines are plumbed from HB to the T between box & pump.
Help has been found for the rest of the PS high pressure lines. Couldn't find anything at all that worked off the shelf; but I know a guy who knows a guy who can crimp lines. We'll see how that goes.
Expecting a big box from Speedway, too. Body wiring harness, gauges, etc.
yossarian19 is offline   Reply With Quote