View Single Post
Old 06-27-2017, 10:38 PM   #1
JackB

71 AZ Rust Free CST Blazer Frame Off

About a year or so ago, I was checking ebay to get an idea of what my “feathers” Blazer might be worth and I saw an ad with what seemed to be a really good deal on a very original 1971 CST Blazer in Kingman AZ. I contacted the seller and although I wasnt actually in the market at the time this one seemed to be to good to pass up. So I made a deal on the phone and headed out to AZ the next day. What I brought home was a pretty much unmolested rust free AZ original paint, original drive train highly optioned Blazer which I put in storage until a few months back when I was ready to restore it. So far I have completely disassembled it, have had the frame powder coated and am beginning to start reassembly. My plan is to do a mostly original restoration with a couple of liberties taken along the way. The original colors are white with blue interior and I'm going to change it up a bit and go with medium blue with blue houndstooth interior. (Interestingly the original glove box is already painted medium blue from the factory. Was that a common practice? ) Also, Im going to go with a small 2 inch lift. Lets start with some before pics....
Attached Images

JackB is offline   Reply With Quote