View Single Post
Old 02-25-2018, 05:58 PM   #134
joedoh

Re: 1941 1/2 ton project Hannah

I keep seeing that GMC up by you and wanting to call, but need to finish this one before I worry about anything else.

so in that same vein.... hahahahahaha. I always start looking for a new donor truck when there is about a month to go, that way I can rest a second and start tearing up again. I saw an ad on craigslist for an 03 longbed and figured what the heck, right? I love the 03 as a donor because its got the LU3 engine (best series of the 4.3) and the 0411 PCM (fastest PCM of the era, best program too). the ad said collision damage, and I sure dont care about that. It also said it ran really good but that wasnt true, we got it to start, it had been sitting about 6 months, but if you tried to give it any gas it backfired immediately. he said he thought it was the cat and had cut it off, but I knew it had nothing to do with the cat. Here is the idle video, it idled so smoothly, but you couldnt even give it a gentle prod on the gas.

click to play
IMG_8249 (1) by Joe Doh, on Flickr

It was about 14 degrees so I told him I would come back with a cap and rotor when it warmed up, if it was still available. today was really nice, in the high 40s, so I called, the truck was still there. I dug around the shop and found a new cap, but no rotor, so I grabbed some sandpaper and figured I could clean the rotor up enough with the new cap.

hubris, friends. hubris. I took the cap loose and this is what I found.

IMG_8264 by Joe Doh, on Flickr

so I had to run from BFE to the nearest parts store which was actually right around the corner for a 9 dollar rotor. It worked. perfect running, well almost. the trans was a little sticky which I attributed to sitting and if the truck were a hip hop artist its name would be MC Loudas****. but other than that, I made an offer, he took it, and threw in the toolboxes and an extra set of swirlies. woop woop.

IMG_8265 by Joe Doh, on Flickr
IMG_8266 by Joe Doh, on Flickr

he was super nice, I was happy with the deal and I think he was too, especially since it ran really well again, seemed like that made a difference for him.

I have some work done on Hannah too but I am on a different computer getting some interior light pictures for another board member, so I will probably update Hannah tomorrow.

if there is a problem, I can have it.

new project WAYNE http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=844393
joedoh is offline   Reply With Quote