View Single Post
Old 03-01-2018, 10:32 PM   #137
joedoh

Re: 1941 1/2 ton project Hannah

tires mounted, look great!

IMG_8359 by Joe Doh, on Flickr
54051522560__6562BCC7-5DA9-4CC3-8C61-AD082E0ACDA9 by Joe Doh, on Flickr

steering done too, well except a squirt of paint. I had another doofy moment, when I looked up how to use a support bearing it had a parts list and on the list was a double u joint, sort of like a double carden joint, so I ordered it from borgeson. I installed it all and cut the DD shaft to fit, and the side with the double joint wallered around like a broken leg. I thought, oh! I have the double joint on the wrong side of the support bearing, I will just switch it to the othe...

wait a minute. the double joint was the problem. I would have needed a second support bearing on the second shaft. so I ordered a single joint and everything works like it should. reading later, the double joint is for when you need more than 35 degrees of angle on the shaft, which I dont.

all the shafts are drilled for the set screws and its done.

IMG_8270 by Joe Doh, on Flickr

I even used the factory rubber firewall seal for the shaft,, neat way to close it out.
IMG_8276 by Joe Doh, on Flickr

then I got the eastwood tubing bender and the factory power steering line yielded to my ministrations. it was upside down and bent the wrong direction, but this worked out perfect. waste not want not. need to get the return hose from the parts store, the original is a bit short.

54145728266__400BBF19-0389-4013-B255-AC5F8D9D3E4F by Joe Doh, on Flickr

today I finished the dash too. shaved the light switch hole and fixed a little damage. its not perfect but the only flaws are only visible because its so black and shiny. I was pretty floored how nice this came out for a rattle job. it will match the steering wheel perfectly.

IMG_8294 by Joe Doh, on Flickr

if there is a problem, I can have it.

new project WAYNE http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=844393
joedoh is offline   Reply With Quote