View Single Post
Old 02-14-2018, 08:50 AM   #22
whitedog76

Re: firewall relocating

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsraven View Post
you can see in post 8 the pics shows the envoy floor inside the 57 gmc cab.it is too narrow as you see by the envoy kick panels on each side. the nice thing is you get a trans hump, a console shifter=cable operated and set up for 4l60E,a console if desired,a firewall with mounted brake booster and a single pedal for automatic vehicles, and a mount for a gas pedal for drive by wire.there is a nice round grommetted hole for wiring to pass through on the firewall and a steering column hole as well,however it may be low. use the steering column as well if possible.if you use the floor as well you could also use the seats which come with integrated shoulder belts. measure up what you need and keep in mind that the envoy has the trans hump offset to the pass side a bit. don't just cut the same amount off each side and expect it to be centered.
It's a good thing I have an AD truck. How much narrower is the cab do you think? My initial thought process is to leave a flange around the floor of the cab and sit on top, then see where it leads. I already have the 4200 mocked up slightly to the passenger side to begin with. As far as seats, I kind of like the bench seat though. As long as the tunnel will clear the frame bracket, it may stay that way.
whitedog76 is offline   Reply With Quote