View Single Post
Old 05-31-2012, 09:00 PM   #15
jeffg1010

Re: Got a story of a car you "loved and lost" or sold? Or found ... years later?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcbildr View Post
I had a 64 Chevy II Nova when I was in high school. I bought it when I was 13 yrs old with money I had earned from picking fruit in the orchards...paid $300 for it. My mom and I would jokingly fight over who got to drive the car...it was the only one we had where she could move the seat up enough to reach the pedals and still see over the steering wheel. I bought it with a nice interior, then I saved up and put a decent paint job on it but didn't do anything to the engine and trans. It was a 194 L6/powerglide 5 lug car. I traded it in on an 89 pontiac grand prix when I was 20....it set the record for most original miles on a trade in at the dealership...somethin like 284K. At the time I was really disenchanted with the car because it had just been in a fender bender (I lost control on ice and messed up the passenger front corner a bit) and I found the lower quarters were rusting thru. To this day I still kick myself for getting rid of that car and am determined to find a replacement here soon.
So... do you have any idea of the fate of the high mileage nova? Did they wholesale it? Any chance of locating it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEEVON View Post
My Dad is on the hunt for his '69 camaro Z28. He sold it in 1980 when I was born, after it left him stranded once and his job on the line...no money and needed something to drive. For all these years he has believed that it was totalled but in the last year we've heard about the car from two different sources (one is a previous owner) and recently that it may be for sale. He's been making calls...let's hope! Red/White 302DZ / 4 speed.
Keep me updated. This is exactly what I am looking for.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHT67 View Post
Awesome! What a great story! The odds of that happening are astronomical!!! Have you guys spoke lately? I'd love to see you get it back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vectorit View Post
I actually have the protecto plate some where in my files, and I do have a friend in the Sheriffs department. I have often thought about tracking it down...

I need to sell my 1970 k10 before I even think about tracking it down!
Keep me updated. Very cool.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LostMy65 View Post
I apologize for not returning your PM.
I would be glad to have my story in your book.
I'll pm you my contact info.
-Robert
Posted via Mobile Device
It is stories like yours that inspires me to put this book together. One of the best. We will have to talk more, and I am going to read through your whole thread.
1986 C30 Crewcab - 63K original miles, original paint

Members I have met: mikey531, gcburdic, bashed, burbman69, TonyPieras, Blazester, GCncsuHD, custombuilt67-72, tsnow678, highrpm, PanelDeland, tanman722001, 47thriftmaster, babyblueoval, 68stepbed, JesseWebb, Andy4639, xs-style, TobyArnot, BigOrange, frednoah, brn_agn, k5hart, Graham57a, bhelton, AJohn6, SilverC10, 69CST, '71 Flame, RaceAGMC, Liz, Josh, MattPSU, 68corvair, Chevy350V8, mdeal, ccrorymc, mrhurt73, dmxxpert, Custom68, 84GMC, BionicABs1, BigBlockBurris, Ebfabman, ATP...
jeffg1010 is offline   Reply With Quote